Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I made this...

I am rearranging our small & cosy living area to cater for the addition of  Miss Evie's wooden table and chairs {which I purchased off e-bay for a reasonable $20}, as I have decided that the best place for the table and chairs are on a carpeted area I thought it would be wise to have a 'spillage mat' placed under the table to protect the carpet, hence this weeks sewing project.

Miss Evie tries out her new splillage mat.
The finished piece.


I made this simply and cheaply, the apricot patterned material was given to me from a relative and has been in my fabric stash for quite some time - just waiting for the right project. The back of the mat is actually an unused table cloth that has been collecting dust in my cupboard.  The last edge that was sewn together has the scalloped edge of the table cloth on the outer to prevent freying....
Let's see how it holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment