Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Quickie Bickie Recipe


I have had this recipe for years, it was given to everyone in the Mothers' Group I used to attend when Abbey was a wee one. 
We used to swap and share our favourite recipes. 
I came across this recipe the other day when I was flicking through my old recipe book, as you can see from this photo it now contains lots and lots of recipes - too many in fact. 
I don't ever remember making these biscuits! 
Yesterday I decided it was about time to give this recipe a go, it's only been in my recipe book for about 8 years!  And I can say I am pleased that I made these biscuits because they are simply  yummo 
and the girls just can't get enough of them!
The recipe is simple and quick and fairly healthy - great for snacks on the go or for the school lunch box!

You will need:
1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut- * I only had shredded coconut in my pantry *
200grams of chopped apricots - * I used 100gms of apricots & 100gms of dates *
1 egg
60grams butter, melted
1/2 cup golden syrup
Method:
Pre-heat oven to 180'C. Line or lightly grease a baking tray.
Mix all ingredients together.
Drop heaped teaspoons of mixture onto baking tray.
Cook for 15-20 mins.
** I am going to try a mix of dried apricot and dried apple next time!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment