Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Winter blues and bubbles

I awoke this morning with a sniffle and a sneeze, and as the day progressed onwards so did my first cold of the season. Feeling lousy I decided to take it easier than usual today. Miss Abbey is away at her Dad's house and while Miss Evie was taking her lovely long nap I made myself a nice pot of Ginger and Turmeric tea,
and ate a couple of fresh oranges for afternoon tea and got comfy on the couch.Sitting quietly I got started on a coming birthday present.
Feeling slightly rejuvenated, on cue Miss Evie awoke and I thought a bit of fresh air would do us both the world of good! So up the road we went, at a very leisurely pace.
Thank goodness the sun was out, it was just what I needed.
We came home and played in the front yard, which included Miss Evie having some bubble blowing fun!!! I know you can make your own bubble mixture, {slack Mama}, I had a bottle stashed away and was very handy for today.... I will search for my home-made bubble mixture very soon.....
Such a lovely Sunday afternoon, pity I am not feeling my normal energetic self and thank goodness little Miss Evie has been in a happy toddler mood all day!
Tonight before I snuggle into bed I am going to have my favourite remedy for beating a winter cold.
I found this recipe in "The Natural Health Book" by Dorothy Hall, and it has always worked for me!
You will need:
one or two cloves of garlic
1 fresh lemon
1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
a pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of honey
Then you do this:
finely chop garlic [or use a garlic press]
squeeze lemon for juice and small amount of rind
mix together in mug or tumbler
add ginger, cayenne pepper, honey, 
add the above to a cup of just off the boil water.
Drink the whole lot!! even all of the 'bits' if you can!
Then jump into your cosy bed within 10-20 minutes, make sure you are covered and warm! Expect to sweat!!
Please read "The Natural Health Book" by Dorothy Hall for further information

No comments:

Post a Comment