Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Chickpea and Spinach recipe

this is where I found my inspiration for my own chickpea and spinach recipe, I did make the smittenkitchen recipe once and it was delicious!
Anyway this is how I made my version;

You will need: 
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Hungarian paprika
finely sliced silver beet or spinach
1 can of chickpeas + liquid from can
big dash of tomato sauce
dash of red wine vinegar
salt & pepper


You then need to:
pan fry onion & garlic until soft (or however you like it),
add paprika, cook stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes,
add silver beet or spinach, cook until soft
add can of chick peas & liquid
stir through ingredients
add tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper
bring to the boil
stir occasionally and simmer for approx 15 minutes [or until chick peas are warmed through].
  
Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. looks so good. perfect for a freezing day like today!! xo

    ReplyDelete