Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

It is a rainy ol' day here today, so we have been indoors keeping busy and productive. I have done 
some decluttering in preparation for Christmas, a little bit of housework, some cooking, baking and made a start on Christmas present crafting.
It's a doing-a-bit-of-everything-kind-of-day.
This morning the little one and I made Fruit Loaf Buns, yum-o...


Fruit Loaf Recipe: (750g)

450grams/3 cups of flour (I used 225g each of spelt and white flour)
1 & 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 & 1/2 Tablespoons oil
3 teaspoons Mixed Spice
2 teaspoons Yeast
270ml water
3/4 cup of dried fruit (sultanas, currants, dried apple/apricot etc)

We measured out and placed all ingredients into the bread maker and set it onto the 'dough' setting. Once the bread maker cycle was complete, we split the dough into 12 pieces, gave them a light knead, shaped into balls and placed them into the muffing tray.
We left them to rise for approx. 45 minutes before placing into the oven @ 180'C for 20-25 minutes. 
Enjoy!

What have you been up to today?
What is your favourite bread recipe?

2 comments:

  1. What are you knitting, Sharon? It looks gorgeous! As do the buns.
    My favourite bread recipe is without a doubt a thigh enlarging Nigella recipe for cinnamon buns..seriously wicked. Your buns look much healthier and quite thigh friendly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, thank you for dropping by!
    I am knitting a simple cotton washcloth! I am on a major washcloth roll at the moment!!
    Mmmmm, Nigella cooks a lot of thigh enlarging recipes doesn't she! I have never come across her cinnamon bun recipe though! I am not sure that my fruit buns are that healthy, the little one loves them and I am happy for her to eat them as I know what goes into them!
    :)
    p.s. the washcloth will be on my ravelry page later today!

    ReplyDelete