Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Worthy Knitting

Usually my blog is all about what goes on here in our little patch of the world. But today I want to share with you something that I feel is slightly more important.....
While doing my morning chores I was listening to the radio and heard a lovely lady from the Werribee CWA talking about knitting beanies and fingerless gloves for the Australian troops in Afghanistan. They are in need of knitters to knit, or people to donate balls of pure wool - they want to make 15,000 beanies and pairs of fingerless gloves - one for every serving soldier. How kind and thoughtful! 
The ladies have also provided a pattern to use too!!
knitting
You can find more knitting for our troops here , there are some specifications so please listen to the audio/interview!
I am off to knit a small handmade item to help keep our soldiers warm during the cold winter,
Now that is what I call worthy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment