Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Hummus Recipe


I made my first batch of Hummus and I am kicking myself for not making it before!!
It is delicious, so much better than the store-bought hummus!
This Hummus is SO good - you really must make some for yourself!!

Ingredients:

400g tin chick peas (I used dried chick peas - soaked and pre-cooked by me - approx 300gms)
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons  Tahini
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
salt and pepper
juice of 1 or 2 lemons
1/2 - 1 cup olive oil

Place chick peas, garlic, cumin powder, salt & pepper into your food processor. 
Turn processor on and pour in lemon juice first, then drizzle olive oil in. 
Blend until smooth.
* if your hummus is too thick you may need to add more lemon juice or olive oil. (I tweaked mine with a little of both several times until I was happy with the flavour - I like mine with a bit of twang- and consistency.)
Place into a bowl and pour a little olive oil over to prevent Hummus drying out.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    It was really nice that you and your family had a nice trip!

    And thank you for the nice recipe for hummus.It looks very delicious!
    I've just got chick peas at a Brazilian store last weekend, but I didn't know how to cook & eat them.
    I'm going to try it. ^.^

    ReplyDelete