Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

In the vege garden....

 The self seeded parsley was beginning to overtake around the garlic, so I decided to pull some of it out and plant it into little pots that I have been saving.
this is the parsley crowding the garlic - before shot

this is after the parsley was removed

These will be gifted to family and friends.

The snow peas are producing wonderful amounts for our dinner plates...

This is the most successful snow pea crop I have ever had. I do not know why or how, the only thing different that I have done was sprinkling ash from our fire around the seedlings a while ago and we have also had good rain fall.

In my mini hot house, seeds are sprouting.........
Giant Sunflowers

These are Evie's Seeds that she planted during our group planting session.
 I planted giant sunflower seeds into my old bathtub, some little critter was having a nibble on the seedlings so I have placed these cups over them for protection, it also acts as an individual mini hothouse!

Spinach, beetroot, corn, zucchini, cucumber, and more spinach are on their way!
All of these seeds were sown 20/08/11.

And the potatoes are looking good! I have 4 pots of potatoes growing. I planted about 4 or 5 potatoes (seed) into each pot with potting mix filled to about 1/3, once the potatoes sprouted I covered them over with more potting mix - I did this twice more. Hopefully we will have a lovely crop of potatoes! 
Frustratingly, I did not note the date that these first went in. I am guessing 4-6 weeks ago, possibly the beginning of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment