Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finished?


It has been the longest WIP I have ever had or owned, and I have made myself a promise to never have another one.
I started making this blanket way back in 2010.
Yes that's right - 2010!! 
And now in 2012 I can say that
I HAVE FINISHED EVIE'S BLANKET!
having a deadline gave me a major boost of encouragement.
I wrestled everyday for 10 days to get it over the finish line.
I wanted this blanket to be out of the project basket and onto the finished pile.
I must say that I am quite happy. 
At the moment it is the perfect size for a little indoor picnic with furry friends, a snuggle on the couch, 
or as a throw over in the car. 

I have yarn left over, so as Evie grows I think I will add to the length.
I think I might have to re-name it "Evie's Ever Growing Garden Blanket".

Did you enter the Ravelry Ravellenic Games?
What have you been making lately?


edited to add: The pattern for this blanket is from Lucy @ Attic24 - it is called Summer Garden Granny Square. I did 5 rounds and 1 round for joining the squares together.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to finally finish something you have been working on for sooo long! Love the colours, green and pink are one of my favourite combinations. I recently finished a jacket that I had been knitting for 3 years and it was so good to be finally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Linn, it was the best feeling to finally have finished this blanket! Wow, 3 years - I hope you enjoy wearing your knitted jacket! I am pleased with the colours too. Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. This is just beautiful. Well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete